The Spartan Race: a test of endurance, strength, power, and overall grit. Training for these races takes a considerable amount of conditioning, and fortunately they’ve provided a number of amazing workouts to help elevate your performance in order to be in optimal shape for their races, or any other event for that matter. Beyond that, these training workouts are a great HIIT style workout for anyone looking to introduce a body weight training day into their routine. Give the Spartan 100 a shot – AROO!
Talk doesn’t cook rice — Chinese Proverb
Run. Reps. Rest. Repeat. Don’t overthink a workout like this. There isn’t too much to say, either. Find the nearest field when you have a spare 30 minutes and get to work. Less talking and more training wins every time.
- Dynamic Warm Up – 3 movements x 2 at 25 yards each.
- 100 yard run/sprint, 10 push-ups, 1 minute rest
- 100 yard run/sprint, 10 lunges, 1 minute rest
- 100 yard run/sprint, 10 pull-ups, 1 minute rest
- 100 yard run/sprint, 10 burpees, 1 minute rest
- 100 yard run/sprint, 10 squats, 1 minute rest
- 100 yard run/sprint, 30 sit-ups, fully recover.
Sprint (Beginner) x 4-8
Super (Intermediate) x 9-15
Beast (Advanced) x 16+
Source: Spartan Race, Inc.
Looking for a high-protein, dividable recipe for your weekly meal planning? Jambalaya offers a one-pot solution for athletes, gym-goers, or anyone looking to get a protein and carbohydrate packed meal into their schedule. This recipe from Southern Living offers a ton of flavour, while giving you everything you’re looking for in an easy to serve dish. Try mixingit into your weekly routine.